Search This Blog

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thankfulness

There was a loss recently with a child here in the Tampa area. A young girl was struck and died by a slow moving SUV. Please pray for the family that they can get there strength from God. I am sorry for starting out with a depressing and sad statement.

I want to remind everyone that Thanksgiving is coming next week. Are you all ready for some great fellowship and good food with great people. I hope so. I want to ask this question.

What are you truly thankful of?

I know that is a loaded question. But before you actually answer that you need to sit yourself down and really pray and think on your response. It is a simple but yet difficult question. When people are quick to answer they only answer the basics and really take a lot of the little things for granted.

I know I am happy to be gainfully employed. I am very thankful for that. I am also thankful for the ability to have my mobility. Even though there are days that it is harder than others to move around. I am thankful for the ability to wake up everyday to a new day that I have been blessed with to do His work.

I could go on with a whole lot of little things and that is where the important answer is. It is not the big things such as material things. It is more than that and we need to remember that. So I challenge you all to think and pray on what you are grateful for and don't be afraid to share them here.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment